New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Chapter 1, Verse 1

First off I just want to give you all a little bit of a heads up on what I’m about and what you can expect from the blog.

I’m a 23 year old freelance journalist normally covering sport and music. My sport of choice is football, but I’ve covered a wide range of sports at one point or another. If you know me or have read any of my stuff before you will know that I’m a huge music fan. I am a firm believer that music is one of the most powerful mediums on the planet. The right song at any given moment can change your mood, your outlook on life or give you and energy or perspective you never had before. As far as my taste in music is concerned I’d say it’s pretty good. Although I would say that wouldn’t I? My 1st love is hip hop. Whether it’s UK or U.S, old or new it doesn’t matter to me to be honest. I’ve got records ranging all the way from Eric B & Rakim to J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. And despite the stereotype you’ve probably got in your head I also love loads of other stuff as well. I am a huge Jimi Hendrix fan though, but the name of the blog may have given that away a little bit. (And before anyone moans yes I know it was a Dylan record, but if we are being honest the Dylan original is crap) In all honesty I’ll give most things a listen. But a word of advice... the man who says he ‘listens to a bit of everything’ is a liar. I think most trance is crap for the record.

As for the blog I will just write about whatever takes my fancy on any given day. It will be mostly sport and music based but if something in the news catches my eye, I won’t be shy on commenting on it. I’m going to try and post stuff pretty regularly so be sure to keep an eye out for me. Don’t be afraid to leave a comment either, be that on here, Twitter or Facebook.

That’s it from me for now. If you’ve read my blogs before and you’re still checking for me, thank you. And if you’re a new face, then welcome. This is just the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment