New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 4 April 2013

Throwback Thursday: Pearl Jam - Alive

Recently I have turned into the blogger who does not blog, and to be honest I think it’s time to change that. There are loads of really good reasons why I haven’t written anything for a while but frankly I can’t be bothered to list them and you probably can’t be bothered to read them.

So here we go then. Those of you who used to read my old blog will know that I used to run a feature called Throwback Thursday. Basically I pick an old track I really like and share it with you lot, and I do this every Thursday. (Well they do say anyone can be a blogger these days)

Those of you out there who are regular readers will also know that my taste in music is so varied it is impossible to put a label on it, so it’s not like I’m just going to pick hip hop tracks every week.

And so to this week’s choice…..*drumroll*……. The classic ‘Alive’ by Pearl Jam.
Despite what Kurt Cobain thought Pearl Jam are a fantastic band, and even if people don’t know anything about them they know this song. It was released as a single in the UK in 1992 and charted at number 16. Proof if ever it was needed that the charts mean nothing when it comes to the quality of music.  What really stands the song out though is that solo… My God! If that solo can’t get you turning up your speakers to breaking point and playing air guitar you’re dead to me quite frankly. (Not literally obviously, I need all the readers I can get)

So boys and girls there you have my offering for week 1. If there is anything you want me to profile or write about in future, get at me on Facebook, Twitter or even in person if I know you. If you don’t, please don’t try and hunt me down, that’s a bit weird.
See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment