New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bupa Great North Run - 122 Days To Go

I may have mentioned that on September 15th I am going to be doing the Great North Run for Diabetes UK. And you will definitely know that I am a blogger so it makes sense, to me at least, that I put these two things together.

First off, I am running for Diabetes UK because it’s an absolutely brilliant cause and one I have a close connection too. Last month my Dad was diagnosed with diabetes, and my Granddad has lived with diabetes for the best part of 17 years. And up until recently my Nan had looked after him and made sure that his diabetes was never a problem. But 2 weeks ago she passed away aged 91.
Because my Nan spent so much time looking after someone with diabetes I think that it’s only right that I complete the run in her memory.  So not only will I be doing the run for a great cause I will be doing it for her.

In the future I will use my blog to put up any information about the run, and keep you all up to date on how my training is going etc.
Until then here is the link to my just giving page if any of you would like to sponsor me. Even if you can’t give much, anything is better than nothing. Thank you.

http://www.justgiving.com/James-Holder1

No comments:

Post a Comment