New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 25 July 2013

Throwback Thursday: Foo Fighters - Everlong

Throwback Thursday this week finds your writer in quite a stranger mood ladies and gentlemen, but I’m still here, I’m still going. And I’m going to bring you one of my favourite songs of all time, and my favourite Foo Fighters song of all time.

It scares me to think that this song is just shy of 16 years old, and as with many classics it really hasn’t dated. It sounds as current today as it did the day it was released. That release date is August 18th 1997, for those of you keeping score.
Personally I have always been a sucker for songs that are all a bit deep and meaningful; there is nothing more powerful than a song that you can fully relate to, or a song that really moves you, and I think that’s what first really drew me to this track.

Everyone at some point in their life will be able to relate to this record. If you’re sitting there not relating to this track right now, your day will come… trust me. Frontman Dave Grohl wrote this song while going through the break-up of his first marriage, between him and Jennifer Youngblood. And if you listen to lyrics you can tell.
The track is taken from the 1st ‘proper’ Foo Fighters album ‘The Colour and The Shape.’ I know there was Foo Fighters before this one but that was basically a Dave Grohl solo record, he just didn’t want to put his name on it.

Boys and girls here is Foo Fighters – ‘Everlong’
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment