New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Friday 13 December 2013

Chapter 100, Verse 1: Thank You

This humble blog has just achieved something that the England cricket team could only dream of right now…. Being 100 not out….. (Sorry had to be done)

A lot has changed in a year. I have a new girlfriend, new friends, new car, new phone and a new interesting collection of jumpers. But throughout it all there has been this blog.
On the 1st of January 2013 I launched this blog as a way to put across my thoughts on sport, music and basically, life. I had no idea where it would take me or what it would bring. And to my surprise it has brought me a hell of a lot.

So as a way of celebrating this and all the people who have helped me along the way I am going to dedicate this post, number 100, to all of you and all of the people who have helped me with the blog to get to this point. We may not get along anymore, we may not speak anymore but if you have played a part you will find your name below.
Here we go….

First of all I should shout out the aforementioned new girlfriend, Charlotte Edwards. After all she has to put up with me talking about all this on a regular basis. I’m also going to go out on a limb and say that this blog played a part in us getting together. I like to think that it’s the fact I used a song she picked on ‘Throwback Thursday’ that sealed the deal. That’s probably not strictly true but it makes the blog sound amazing so I’m sticking with it.
My brother Karl plugs the crap out of my stuff and is always good for an idea should I not have anything. He is the only person who is more of a music geek than me, many a post on here has been as a result of a discussion we have had.

Face Of A Stranger. These guys started out as just a band I saw playing in front of 10 people but I would now go as far as to say that I count them as friends. Mitch Jones, Joe Lewis, Luke Watton and Ben Slater. Great lads and a great up and coming hard rock band. They have spread the word about my writing religiously, and played a part in me realising that I could do this for a living.
Bridget Giblin, Peter Rought and Luci Payne. Again, comment, share and spread the word about all of this. Many thanks.

The Dark Eyes. I haven’t worked with these guys for one reason or another for a while now but they were the 1st band that I ever covered, and I cut my teeth by writing reviews for them.
Footyplace.com I have written some stuff for them before and they a have always been good for a retweet for my thoughts on the latest football goings on.

Tony Grands and Christopher Pierznik. AKA @Tony_Grands and @Pierzy on Twitter. They don’t know me and I don’t know them, but to one degree or another I have used stuff from their blogs or just random crap they put on twitter as inspiration for stuff that I write. Salute!
Americana/Country singer Jackson Jones. One day he will be proud to say that his album was the 1st that I ever reviewed. Thanks for your kind words.

All of the following have plugged my stuff in the past so thank you to the following… Sam Brookes, Adam Jones, Abbie Arlis, Kirsty-Louise Sansome, Katherine Palmer, Jo Greer, Chris Greer, Matt Rumble, James Corfield, James Castle  and Joe Glaze.
If I’ve forgotten anyone I apologise, but let’s be honest your support couldn’t have been that vital if I can’t remember your name.

There are some pretty big things in the pipeline for next year so stay tuned for all of that, keep spreading the word and keep supporting. But most of all thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Noddy! Salute! Keep it up, bro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch Jones (vocalist for Face of a Stranger):

    Noddy you're a legend, you've written some great reviews about our performances, from big to small, our debut single, & debut EP, and we greatly appreciate all that you've done for us. Can't wait for 2014, it's gonna be a significant year for us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grands! Cheers for the kind words Mitch. We're going to take on the world next year!

    ReplyDelete