New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 6 February 2014

Throwback Thursday: Guns N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

Evening… Now because I care about what my readers think (And I’m lazy) for the first time in a while I haven’t picked this week’s throwback track. That honour has fallen to Rebecca Winfield of RAW Music Online fame, and I have to say that she has pretty good judgement.

This song serves as the opening track on what is in my opinion not only one of the greatest rock records of all time but one of the greatest off all time full stop. ‘Appetite For Destruction’ was released on 21st July 1987 and this particular track followed in early October becoming the bands 2nd ever single. It charted at number 7 in the US and 24 in the UK.
From the moment you hear that guitar skip across the musical abyss like a warning shot just before war and destruction commence you know that it’s on. It not only set the tone for the album but for the band as a whole. You knew exactly what you were letting yourself in for.

I could go on for ages telling you what a brilliant track this is but the fact is that you already know, so turn this all the way up and for 4 mins and 34 seconds piss off your neighbours like you never have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment