New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 6 March 2014

NEW MUSIC: Face Of A Stranger - Violet (Review)

I have to be honest with you people out there in there in reader-land, I’ve had better days. When your car tax needs renewing and for 6 months it costs more than it does to tax your brother’s car for a year you know you’re not going to have a good day. In addition to this I can also reveal that I am now speaking to you as a single man.  Like I said, not the best day of my life by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, there has been one little ray of sunshine and that is the release of a new Face Of A Stranger track. If you have followed this blog for any length of time you will know how highly I rate these guys, and as far as I’m concerned this track only serves to prove me right.
‘Violet’ has been a staple of their live set for as long as I can remember and I must confess it is one of my personal favourites. If you’re a FAOS fan this ticks all the boxes and if you’re new to them there is plenty to wrap your ears round. Nirvana-esque intro, layered vocals amongst other tricks and wizardry, hammering guitars perfectly on point drums and that now signature hard hitting sound. Oh and it might not be a ballad but listen to the lyrics… trust me.

The highest compliment I can pay this tune is that even today it made me bob my head and raise a smile. The Face Of A Stranger juggernaut thunders on.

 You can hear the track here -


If you like what you hear you can catch the band live next Friday when they will be supporting the mighty Slam Cartel at Slade Rooms in Wolverhampton. Get in touch with the band for all the ticket info.

No comments:

Post a Comment