New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 3 April 2014

Throwback Thursday: Alice Cooper - Poison

Like many of you my music collection is absolutely huge. Silence doesn’t exist is my house. There is always music playing somewhere and if for some strange reason there isn’t a tune of some description filling the air you can guarantee the conversation will be linked into music in some way. Now for me this is amazing, my life runs to its own handpicked soundtrack.

However there is one downside to this melodic heavenly picture I have just painted and that is I have so many songs that some of them sometimes get forgotten for months at a time. But this does mean that when I stumble across a song that has dropped of my radar, it’s almost like I’ve just discovered the song for the first time all over again, and that is exactly what happened earlier this week.
I have owned this track for years but due to the amount of mew music I have been sent recently I had totally forgotten about it until the ‘shuffle’ on my iPod thought it was time I got reintroduced.

Released in the greatest year ever 1989 (The year I was born) it has been reminding men of the ghosts of girlfriends past ever since. Taken from the album ‘Trash’ it peaked at number 2 in the UK and is my favourite Alice Cooper track of all time.
The moral of this story? God bless the ‘shuffle.’

No comments:

Post a Comment