New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 23 May 2013

Throwback Thursday: Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight

The choice for throwback Thursday this week comes from Sam aka Rafiki. His hero worship of Led Zepplin worries me slightly at times but on the whole his taste in music is pretty good, so I was confident that he would pick something decent for this now legendary feature.

As it turns out I also love this record. I came to the band pretty late until the last 6 months or so I have to admit that I didn’t really get it. But when I heard this song that all changed, the melody, the guitar solo it’s all there.
The track comes from Lizzy’s 1977 album ‘Bad Reputation.’ The album like the cover and artwork only features 3 members of the band with guitarist Brian Robertson only featuring on 3 tracks.

As for this track itself it reached number 14 in the U.K in September of 77’ and it’s a fantastic record. Well done Rafiki, well done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment