New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Introducing - Face Of A Stranger

In 5 years time I could be looking incredibly smug and feeling very very pleased with myself. My thinking is that if I get a blog out there now, if/when these guys make it big I will look like a genius. But in all seriousness, now my football website is getting ready to launch I’m going to be putting more and more music on here and I’m going to try and push as many good young local bands as possible. I have already done a couple of reviews for The Dark Eyes who I rate quite highly, and so I bring to you another band I hope to be linking up with soon…Face Of A Stranger.

Last time I went to see The Dark Eyes it was like an open mic night type event and this band were on the bill, and to be perfectly honest I had never heard of them. But that’s what these nights are all about right?
That night they played about a 25 minute set, and that was enough for me. This was a band I had to talk to. I needed to know more. So I’ll cut to the chase here’s what you need to know.

Face Of A Stranger are a hard rock formed in the West Midlands late last year, and since then have been trying to establish themselves on live music circuit.
The group is made up of lead singer Mitch Jones, guitarists Joe Lewis and Josh Pagett, bassist Ben Slater and drummer Luke Watton. They have already recorded a 2 track demo which I’ll link to in a minute and are heading into the studio to record their 1st EP anytime now.

I hate comparing bands so I’m not going to sit here and say that if you like ‘x’ you will like ‘y’ because music doesn’t work like that. But I will say that if you like hard rock, big vocals and big guitar riffs then this band could be for you.
They are playing a load of live dates this summer, and I know I will be covering them soon so look out for that. But I’m not going to tell you what to think, check them out for yourselves and make your own mind up.

https://soundcloud.com/faceofastranger

No comments:

Post a Comment