New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 31 October 2013

Throwback Thursday Bonus Edition: Shaggy - 'It Wasn't Me' AND 'Angel'

Today is a special day, not because it’s Halloween but because it’s Throwback Thursday, but not just any Throwback Thursday, today is a special bonus edition. I am giving you not one song, but two!! That’s two doses of Shaggy, what more could you people want!

Now I’m 23, and back in the day these 2 records were everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Every kid and teenager in the UK if not the world was all over this shit.
First off ‘It wasn’t me.’ Charted at number 1 in the UK and if you can’t sing the hook to this I don’t wanna know you. This song meant every 11 and 12 year old male kid in the country spent a good two months walking round like ‘yeah Shaggy man I feel your pain, these women keep stressin me!’

Which brings me to ‘Angel.’ Everyone knew every word, and don’t even front like you didn’t. This time all the boys had moved on from having women all over the world, to declaring their undying love for the girl they sit next to maths because she let them borrow her pen.
It was crazy growing up in those days man! Crazy!

Anyway for the nostalgia trip if nothing else hit play these classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment