New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 28 November 2013

Throwback Thursday: The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun

This is probably a first for this feature this week as I actually don’t really like this band. I had a mate in college who looked up to Pete Doherty like he was 2nd in line to rock n roll throne behind Hendrix, but I just didn’t get it. And even now I just don’t get the hype around them, decent band yeah, but up there with the likes of Arctic Monkeys? No chance.

But despite all that I do love this record. This was the 4th single from the highly controversial band although it never actually appeared on either of their albums. For me The Libertines were riding the indie wave that was sweeping Britain and the charts at this point. Indie was dominating the airwaves and I simply think that they were in the right place at the right time.
This song peaked at number 11 on the UK singles chart in 2003 and remains my favourite Libertines track by a country mile. This week I bring to The Libertines and ‘Don’t look back into the sun.’ Enjoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment