New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 19 December 2013

Throwback Thursday: Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

Let’s be honest this is the one you’ve all be waiting for. It’s time for me to bring you something from the man from which I take my name. (We’re related don’t you know… Sadly this isn’t true but it’s a great ice breaker trust me. It beats what’s your favourite Christmas present) And not only that, but this is without doubt THE greatest Christmas record of all time by bar none.

The track is actually made up of a load of melodies taken from songs that only made it as far as the studio floor but what a great record it is. Everyone knows the words; everyone has sung it drunk at some point so you don’t need for me to tell you about this track.
What I will say though is that if you only know Slade from this song then make sure you look up ‘Cum on feel the noise’ and ‘Lock your daughters’ both are brilliant tracks in their own right.

But leave those for later, apparently its Christmas….

No comments:

Post a Comment