New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Friday 27 December 2013

My 2013: A Look Back At The Year That Was

As promised here is my final blog of the year. It’s a look back over what has been for so many reasons a very interesting 2013.

I started the year in a pretty weird place if I’m totally honest. I was not long removed from a long term relationship, as a result of said relationship mates didn’t know where to put themselves, I was skint and I was on the dole. The future was not looking especially bright people.
As the year moved on both of my Grandparents passed away and a few mates for one reason or another fell by the wayside. Typical stupidity. My conscience is clear. But it was all a bit shit I can’t lie. Having said that, while all that was going on in a strange way things were quietly clicking into place. I was rebuilding. I started to train; a lot. By the end of the year I have lost 2 stone and got back in shape (Still a work in progress) and completed my first ever half marathon. I started writing, covering local bands, doing things like gig reviews and I now class the members of these bands as friends.

In July I also made what turned out to be my best decision of 2013. I told a girl I was selling a TV to that for an extra fiver I would deliver the TV in person to her flat. Fast forward to today and the girl in question is now my lovely girlfriend (Not that she wasn’t lovely before) She would probably tell you that it was the most expensive fiver she ever spent!
And in the background while I was working a path through the year some sport happened and some music got played. Arguably the greatest football manager of all time Sir Alex Ferguson retired. Andy Murray won Wimbledon. He is allowed to be British again now instead of Scottish. And in the space of a few months England retained and then lost the Ashes.

In the world of music the Rolling Stones played Glastonbury and failed to live up to the hype. Daft Punk released a ridiculously good record. Mily Cyrus danced. Robin Thicke confirmed that he is a bit of a dick. Mily Cyrus stuck her tongue out. Eminem came back and rapped his ass off and Justin Bieber retired.  All the while Mily Cyrus danced and stuck her tongue out, and corrupted the world and its entirely innocent population in the process.
This brings me nicely to where I am now. I’m sat on my bed wearing not very much (Hello ladies) feeling pretty content with life. I’ve got a new legit football website on the way called In Off The Post.net Look me up on Facebook or find me on Twitter. (@InOffThePost13) This blog will continue to cover more bands and bring you more of the best music doing the rounds.

Family, friends and girlfriend are all pretty damn amazing so life is looking on track right now.
But before I leave you I am going to supply you with a few predictions for next year….

My girlfriend will snap, hit me over the head and run for the boarder. Manchester City will win the league. England won’t win the World Cup. Liverpool fans will claim that 2014/15 season ‘Will be our year!’
Justin Bieber will come out of retirement. Middle class welly wearers will continue to tell us that Glastonbury is great value for money and totally awesome, all about the experience and not so much about the music. This despite the fact that we all know completely the opposite is true. Crap songs will get to number 1 causing people like me to moan about them.

And finally… I will be arrested on entirely false charges in a Premier Inn in Derby. I will be discovered in bed with Lizzy Hale (My girlfriend has left me remember, don’t judge) while Jason Statham irons a pair of socks in the mirror… naked.
Thank you. It has been a pleasure as always. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment