New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 20 June 2013

Throwback Thursday: Blink-182 - All The Small Things

Apologies for not really posting anything this week, this blogging ish doesn’t pay the bills (for now) so I’ve been out doing some real work. But I’m sure you are all relieved to see that I am back to bring you a track for Throwback Thursday.

I’m still stuck in my early 2000’s loop but I have shifted it a little bit this week. Over the last week or so I have got really back into that pop/punk-rock/nu-metal stuff in a real big way. So I was spoilt for choice this week I have changed my mind about this about this about 300 times, 1st it was going to be Papa Roach, then it was going to be Good Charlotte then something else but eventually I went for this.
This track comes from the album ‘Enema of the State’ which was a global smash when it was released in 1999. If you were a kid of my generation and loved guitars you had this record and played it to death. This track went to number 2 in the UK when it was released in January 2000, and not only is it a great song it provided a gateway for millions of kids my age into the world of punk, rock and nu-metal. I got into so many great bands and heard some amazing music because of this record. And to top it off the video is a classic! Seriously  you should check this track for the video alone.

So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages I bring to you… Blink-182 and ‘All The Small Things’
 

No comments:

Post a Comment