New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Thursday 13 June 2013

Throwback Thursday: Craig David - 7 Days

As you might have noticed over the last few weeks this feature has been stuck in a bit of an early 2000’s time warp. And fear not pilgrims I’ve decided not to call time on this Nelly inspired revival just yet. Just this time I have returned back to UK Shores for my inspiration.

So I bring to you Craig David and ‘7 Days.’ Craig actual David! If you felt old when I put up R. Kelly the other week you’re going to cry now… this tune is 13 years old! It was released on 24th July 2000 and reached number 1 in the UK and number 10 in the U.S.
Mr David’s pop, R&B, garage fusion dominated the summer of 2000 and I really don’t think he gets enough credit.  The album ‘7 days’ is from, his debut ‘Born To Do It’ sold 8 million; artists would kill to sell 8 million these days. But he can write a good tune and all jokes aside he can hold a note too.  So for this Craig I solute you.

Oh and not only is ‘7 Days’ a great record it has a great remix as well, and just because I’m in such a good mood I’ve even put that up as well.




Craig David feat Nate Dogg, Mos Def – 7 Days DJ Premier Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment