New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Introducing - Almost Easy

I think it’s about that time again when I introduce you to a band that I will be following this year and a band that I think you should definitely look out for. I was impressed with these guys from the moment that I met them and I really do think they will be making some waves this year. I am of course talking about Almost Easy.

The band is made up of frontman and guitarist David Saunders, guitarist Adam Saunders, bassist Jack Watkins and drummer Jack Bloor. They are based mainly in Wolverhampton and they are going to be big on the local scene this year.
So here’s a bit of background for you. The band made their debut of sorts at a birthday party in 2010. They only played one song and borrowed a singer from another band on the bill that night called Zim. (Not the most glamorous of starts!) A few weeks later after some rehearsal time and a chance to learn the songs David Saunders was conformed as lead singer and the line-up was complete and they have been going from strength to strength ever since.

The band recorded their debut 3 track EP ‘What You Never Got’ in 2011 giving their ever growing fan base something to get their teeth into. The buzz continued as the group gathered mentions on Kerrang Radio and TBFM Online. A 2nd EP called ‘Dark Sided Woman’ was released in January 2013 and this is where yours truly makes his entrance into the story.
I saw that these guys are booked on a bill featuring blog staple Face Of A Stranger later in the year, so out of curiosity I looked them up and I have to say I was very impressed with what I heard. I saw them play live at Ye Old Foundry in Dudley in December and that only confirmed my initial thoughts….there is an insane amount of potential in these guys!

I am going to be doing a lot more stuff with this lot this year so make sure you look out for that. You are going to be hearing a lot more about Almost Easy not only from me but people will be sitting up and taking notice TRUST ME!!!
For now though you can check them out here –


No comments:

Post a Comment