New site

http://themusicaloutcast.com/

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Introducing - Out Of Sanity

It’s that time again when I go out on a limb, stick my neck on line and bring to you a band that I think could make some big moves this year. Over the last 6 months I have seen so many bands on the live circuit and half of them all blend together, nothing stands out, they are just another rock band. But when I first saw these guys play at the back end of last year something about them made them stand out to me. I can’t put my finger on it but there was just something about them. That something that makes you want to hear more.

Out of Sanity are a 5 piece hard rock/metal band based in the West Midlands and I firmly believe that they are going to start making a real name for themselves this year. The band is made up of lead singer Bradley Weston, guitarists Kris Davies (lead) and Adam Davis (Rhythm) bassist Jim Griffiths and drummer Mike Gregory. If you know anything about my love of bands you will know that I’m a sucker for a big vocal and a serious guitar riff, and this lot have that in spades.
All the members of the band have been in and around the local live circuit for a while now as members of various acts like Gold Fat Cats (Mike and Brad) Axewound (Mike, Kris and Jim) and No More Numbers (Mike) They have known each other for years but it was around 18 months ago when a jam session between Jim, Kris and Mike led to the arrival of Brad and Adam and the creation of the band we now know as Out Of Sanity.

Since then they have written a load of material and recorded a 4 track demo which you can find on Reverbnation. They played their first live show in June 2013 and have been going from strength to strength ever since. They list Black Sabbath amongst their list of influences and you can definitely hear that in their music, some of the riffs are huge!
They are playing their first gig of the year at Asylum 2 on Friday (17th January) which I will be reviewing and there has already been talk among the band of trying to put together a full length album.

Like I said I really think that these guys have something and with hard work and a little bit of luck could really go somewhere this year. But don’t just take my word for it, check them out for yourselves you won’t regret it.
https://www.facebook.com/outofsanityband?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment